Thursday, June 19

I am back

I am back home. I had a wonderful time in SanFrasico. We sang at two lunch events. The conference was awsome. It was CPOF which stands for Corrections and Peace Officeers Foundation. I had never heard about this Foundation before I went. Man, they step in and help families that lose a loved one, or help the families of assulted in the line of duty. They also step in for members of the family baddly hurt in teh war, or lost in the war. It is amazing the help and support they step in to give. You don't even have to be a member. You only have to have a member of your family in service in Corrections or Police. What an education I got in the conference. I am so glad they asked us to come.
So, I am back to work. I graduate a class of Parents on Monday. I am excited for that. I also start another class on Wensday morning.
Brandi is still gone in Utah. They will be back saturday sometime.
On Fathers Day we went to see my Father after Terry picked me up from the airport. Dad seems to be losing breath very easy lately. Nicole and Ginger made a 15 x 15 book for them. I was so excited to give it to them. Dad loved the book, as did Mom. It was touching to watch them enjoy the book. I am so happy to have been able to give it to them.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

I am glad that they liked the book. I am also gald that you had a good time in Califonia. What songs did you end up singing? Just wondering...

tutu with love said...

Nicole, we sang Blowin in the Wind, and I Believe. These are both old songs my Grandmother Dawson use to play on her organ. I would stand by her and sing I Believe. Kacee use to play Blowin in the wind on the piano when we were teenagers. It was fun.

tutu with love said...

Nicole, we sang Blowin in the Wind, and I Believe. These are both old songs my Grandmother Dawson use to play on her organ. I would stand by her and sing I Believe. Kacee use to play Blowin in the wind on the piano when we were teenagers. It was fun.