Thursday, December 4

Christmas up and running

I put up alot of Christmas decor yesturday. It was great getting out all my nativitite sets. My favorite is Grandma Dawsons. She made a beatiful set like fifty years ago. It could even be older then that. I remember seeing it all my life. Anyway, I have it, and love it. I tenderly put it up every year. It reminds me of Grandma and Grandpa. I love thinking of them. I am sure they love to look down from heaven on my little family and see the nativity set and remember all tthe years they had it up, then my Mom used it for years, and then I got it. I wish I could remember how I got it. My Mom must have given it to me. Anyway, it is a very prized Christmas tradition to put this on the harth that Terry built for me.
The Christmas Dinner is on Tuesday the ninth. I am so very excited for the dinner. Terry and I were in charge and I think it will go off without a hitch. We have a wonderful group of people on our committee and we will be having a meeting again tonight about it.
Today, I will go to Boise to help Nicole again. Then on Friday, I will take Della to Meridian for her surgery. Then stay and go to Nicole and Kets Christmas Dinner at thier ward.
I pray everyone will have a wonderful day

1 comment:

Brandi said...

I love the nativity that Grandma Dawson made...it is so beautiful. I Love getting to see it every year...it is one that I will never be tired of seeing. It brings the true meaning of Christmas to mind...Christ our saviors birth, and loving family. Thank you mom for always having it up as a reminder of what is important at this time of year!