Wednesday, February 25

its about time!


Hello everyone, I bet you are so surprised to hear from me. Yes, it has been such a long time, and so much has happened. I don't know were to begin.
I will start with my Dad. My Mother had a wonderful reception to showcase my Dad's Headstone. It is the most beautiful I have ever seen. I shall ask Ginger to put a picture of it on this blog so you all can see it. After the viewing, we all went over to Mom's home and had chili and chocolate cake. You see, as we were growing up, it was a tradition that whenever Mom made chili, she also made chocolate cake. They would be eaten at the table at the same time. We would each have a small plate, and a bowl. It was totally normal to us, and I remember being surprised that at other homes, if there was chili served they did not also have cake. Um, that's odd. Lo and behold, it was our family that was odd. However, it made for happy and fun memories. The gathering that gathered at Moms home was great, and the chili (four different kinds) and the cake (too many to count) was oh so good. The company and conversations were fabulous. There were surprise guests, this was my Mothers brother and sister in law and nephew and wife all from Utah made a showing. It was wonderful to see them all again. Mom was so pleased and so enjoyed their visit. What a great day that was. Thank you Mom for making this all happen.

The next event was at Nicoles home. This was the cutest thing. So, Jesiah got home from school and was so excited to see Ginger and myself there. He ran in and hugged and kissed us both. I was so happy to see him, and I noticed how very tall he is getting. He is in first grade, and very much a boy. I mentioned to Ginger that I wondered how long he would be running to hug and kiss me when he became taller, and perhaps in middle school, or even high school. At that moment in walked Jesiah, so I asked him if he would always hug and kiss me, and he assured me he would always hug and kiss me. Well, I then asked him for a contract. I wanted it in writing. He disappeared, and came back into the kitchen about ten minutes later. He had a little piece of paper that he had written the following.... xxxoooo tutu
7 and up

I was totally floored! I was excited he understood what I wanted and also made the effort to make me a contract. I still have the paper. However, I asked him to sign it, so I could use it when he did get to big to hug and kiss me. I took a picture, and that I will ask Nicole to post for me, as I am not sure how to do it, and she took a copy of it onto her computer.

Then this morning, around three a.m. I heard crying. I listened, and then Brandi knocked on our door and asked her Father to come give Alec a blessing, as he had a bad ear ach. After Terry came back to bed, I started remembering my ear aches as a small child. My Dad use to blow his cig. smoke into my ear. It felt soothing. The other thing I remember my Mom doing was melting vicks vabor rub on the stove top in a small spoon. She would then tear a cotton ball apart, and dip the cotton into the vabor rub. She would blow on it till it cooled, and then put it into my ear. That felt so soothing to my hurt ear. Then I would go back to bed with a heating pad on my pillow, which I was instructed put my hurt ear on that heating pad. The vabor rub would continue to sooth my ear the whole night till morning.
So, back to Alec, I got up, and took Alec downstairs with me, and of course Logan came downstairs also. While I took care of Alec's ear, Logan was telling me he was starving to death. He always tells me that, so I wasn't surprised. I put Alec up in bed with his Mom with the heating pad, and then Logan and I went back downstairs where I gave him two crackers and five bites of applesauce. Cutie little Logan. We all went back to bed and slept till morning. Ah, the memories of years gone by.

No comments: