Thursday, February 21

catch up

It's been such a long time since I've taken the time it takes to catch up. Since my last post, alot has happened.



Terry and I went up to the cabin to ski the weekend of the ice festival. We were suppose to be in Portland, however, when we got to Baker City, the highway was closed, so off we went beck home. We decided to go up to the cabin, it was thursday so, we would beable to ski all day Friday,and then on Saturday. How much fun would that be! We got up to the 4th lane turn off to the cabin around five pm. The snow was as high as our car on both sides. We stopped at the begining of the lane, and looked down the lane. We couldn't see anything, because it was a white out with the wind blowing across the lane. We decided to go for it. I looked out my side window and told Terry when he was getting to close to the side. I'm not kidding. It was that much of a white out. So, we got about a quater of a mile in, and lo and behold, we were high centered. I got very paniced. Terry got the idea to go and get a shovel from the cabin. So, off he went. Suddenly, I could see us on the weekend news....Couple stranded on lane, husband lost, walking to cabin, wife paniced in car. I could just see it, suddenly, I saw Terry running back to the car, smiling, and he ran right past the car. He saw a now plow, and thought it would turn down our lane. It didn't. He came back to the car, and got in. Luckly, my phone works, and luckly Krystal was home when we called. She looked on the internet, and found a towing company for us. Let me back up just a bit, When we stopped at Krystals home on the way to the cabin, the weather was realy crapy and she strongly advised that we not leave for the cabin. She told us it was dangerous, and not a good idea to go. When I talked to her and told her what was happeniing, she was very upset with us that we had not listened. As it turned out, we paid, I mean we really paid for not listening to her. The tow truck finally came. When it finally got to us, the snow had drifted to the height of our car, in the front and back. So, the tow truck had to drag us out of the hole. He took us up the lane, to the highway. What an adventure. Not in a good way. We then had to get a hotel room for the night. We were lucky it was Thursday night. The rest of the weekend was totally booked.

The next morning, we went skiing. It was so weird, we pulled into the back parking lot, so we could just hop in a chair lift and go up the hill what was really strange, is there was a bunch of skiers walking back to thier cars. They had stopped skiing after only a half hour skiing. Terry asked the car next to us why they were calling it a day so early. They complained that there was to Much Snow. So strange! Never heard that before. I couldn't believe it. We then asked some more skiers, What we found out was, the grooming hadn't been done to all of the hills. The poweder was just to deep. So, Terry and I just checked out which hills were groomed, and we skied all day. What a fun time we had. It was perfect. The next day, we went skiing, and it was foggy and snowing hard. Since I am a fair weather skier, I sat in the lodge and talked with friends. Terry of course skis in any weather. He LOVES to ski.

Valentines Day, I recieved a very wonderful surprise! Terry gave me a wonderful new watch. I seem to alway buy myself watches I can swim in, yet are not attractive. Terry bought me a watch that is very pretty, and I can swim with it! So cool. Then he gave me a card, however, the card was in a huge manila envolope. I opened it and had the surprise of my life!! Terry heard the Dr. Laura show on my radio in my car one day, and she was talking about a cruise she was putting together. Terry knows I really love Dr. Laura, and I've always wanted to go on a cruise, so he decided we were going, and he bought it for me! I was sooooo happy! I am very excited!
I got Terry a very boring piece of lugguage. He will be leaving for two weeks the first of March, so he needs a large lugguage for his trip.

Last week I started having pain in my jaw again. Oh my goodness, my teeth are so bad! So, I went to the dentist, and he gave me pills and told me to go see Dr. Blazer for a rootcanal again. However, meantime, my gums swelled up so big, that it lifted my tooth. So this last weekend was awful ful of pain. On Tuesday, I saw Dr. Blazer, and now I feel so much better. Thank you Dr. Blazer!

My Mom and Dad are doing wonderful. I was able to see both of them on Saturday. The funeral for Andy was Saturday. It was a beatiful funeral. The crowd was overflow clear outside to the sidewalk. Vikki and Keith made a wonderful table of all the pictures and growing up moments of Andy. It was hard to control myself. I am so thankful for the Gospel and I know where Andy is and I am proud of Andy's decisions in life. He is in the loving embrace of our Father in Heaven.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Thanks for the update. I didn't know you were in town on Tues. Where's the LOVE! JK. I hope you are feeling better. Thanks for writing.

tutu with love said...

I was in and out in a hour and half. I didn't feel very good. Thank goodness for Dr. Blazer!

Krystal said...

I'm glad you're feeling better! How many route canal's have you had now?! thanks for letting me hang out yesterday! love you