Friday, October 31

It happened to our family

So, it always happens to someone else. You know, the person on the news, or the friend of the friend. Anyway never to you. Well, it has hit home. What am I talking about? I am very carefully going into the topic of losing a job.
Terry lost his job yesturday. Amazing, yet true. After 25 years of dedicated service at the City of Ontario, he no longer is Fire Chief.
A new city Manager comes into town, and decides to start cleaning house. Now mind you, Terry has been putting in 12 hour days, working without a Deputy Fire Chief for five years. The city did not have the money to replace that position.
So, this new Manager chose Terry as his scapegoat. This manager told Terry there needed to be new leadership in the Fire Dept. So, Terry resigned. He had no choice. It was given to him, as a either, or situation. He chose to resign. Good choice. I am so proud of his integratiy. What a wonderful example of a Father, Husband, Brother and Son. I love that man.
Yesterday was very difficult for both of us, Terry is still in shock. I am angry.
With that said, there is always a siver lining with every difficulty that we endure, here on Earth. Terry and I will still have the joy of our family in our lives. Terry can relax, and finish the house. Or he can get a new job right away. We can cut corners. We can and will survive this.
I realy feel this is the only way Terry would have ever left his job. He loves Fire Fighting. However, the city of Ontario was taking advantage of him and he could not continue to work himself to the bone everyday, and live and enjoy his family. He is exhausted.
So, in closing, This is not a sad post, it is a life changing post. We will enjoy the silver, and gold lining on this life change.
Everyone is asking what they can do for us. All I can say, is keep us in your prayers. We will be fine. We are lucky we know the true meaning of life, and Our Heavenly Father will help us, and nourish us. Meanwhile, hug your loved ones, and realize that bad things can happen to loyal dedicated people. We are now the ones it has happened to .
Have a joyous day, and know that we are working through this and will come up with roses in our teeth.

6 comments:

Mom said...

You are loved!

Krystal said...

I love you and dad so much. You have a really good attitude-much better than me actually-I am just really pissed off. :) Anyway, I hope that you don't have to move away-I would be really sad... But whatever you have to do will be the best I'm sure. I love you.

Brandi said...

i Ditto everything Krystal said... I love you guys, and I will do everything I need to do to help you guys through this!

Unknown said...

You both are amazing! I love your attitude! I know this happened because bigger and better things are coming your way. There is no way around that. Uncle Terry is a very valuable person, and he has many amazing skills. Whatever he wants to do, he will do it. Know that the whole family loves you both, and you are in our thoughts and prayers!

Elisa said...

I am so sorry that this has happened. I know how hard Uncle Terry worked and he must be so disappointed. I truly believe that this was supposed to happen, that you two have a new chapter in your lives that will only strenghthen you and be for your highest good. A quote that I love, "every experience in our lives helps to bring about consciousness", which is the ultimate gift, to understand our life's true purpose. Know how much we love you, and believe in the both of you!!!

The Mairs family said...

With great challenge comes great wisdom in preparation for better things to come. Believe in the possibility that your lives as you knew it were in preparation for your experiences that are awaiting you.
You are loved and in our prayers.