Sunday, August 19

Boise River Float Trip

Our Ward went on a Boise River Float trip. We had a blast. 56 People showed up. 82 signed up. I guess that was pretty good odds. I had enough food for 100. Brandi Ginger and I made Sloppy Joe mix for 100. Brandi found a reciepe on the internet,it was so good. I went to Della's and borrowed her canner. That enabled us to cook 15 lbs of hamburger at a time. Thank you Della. Terry and I stayed at the park and prepared for the return of the River Folk. When they returned, they were soooo hungry. They were glad that there was something warm to eat, as they were so cold and hungry. The young boys ate soooo much food. I can not remember ever seeing such young people eat so much at one time. It was amazing. Anyway, the float was a huge success.
Terry and I went to see my Dad at the hospital last night after the float. It was around six pm. It was enjoyable to see him. He told us that there may be more cancer in his lungs, and he has decided to have Kemotheraphy and Radiation both. He was told by the Dr.s that he would have a longer life, if he were to have this done. I am worried, I am concerned about the kind of pain and discomfort he will be put there with these treatments. Oh how I wish that he had never gotten cancer. But wishing is for fairies and now we have to deal with realitiy. Bummers, realitiy is no fun at all. Dad was in good spirits last night. He was happy to see us. I know he must be so tired of being in the hospital. He told the doctors he wants to be out by racing time on Sunday. If the races start, and then they want to discharge him, he is just gonna stay in the hospital, cuze, he will see the races. No matter what. He is so passionate about his races.
After we saw Dad, we stopped at Nicole and Kets home. They were having dinner with Brian and Elisa and thier two girls. We were able to visit with them. Thier new baby is soooo cute. Looks like she will be a beauty just like Taylor her big sister. It was very enjoyable to see them. Of course, Kasin was his usual happy screaming self. Jesiah went down the river float with Brandi and Ginger and the Boys. He had a really good time. Kassia went to a birthday party. She is very much into birthday partys. Ket and Nicole had cooked a really great meal. even though Terry and I were not hungry, we still ate, because who could resist such good food. Nicole had made a very good desert, so of course I had that also. Terry passed on the desert. I just can't say no to good food. I love food.
We then got on the road again, and decided to stop at the world Market. Terry had never been there, and so we looked inside. Terry found a really beatiful mirror. He wants to hang it above out bed. I'm not sure it will look good there, but they will take it back if I don't like it. That is nice. I also found a BIG Hand. ....A long time a go, when I was just a girl my Mom bought me a Hand. It is a beatiful young girls hand. I have always loved it. it is make of wood. I thought it would be a wonderful thing to collect. Hands. It also reminds me of my favorite song. HIS HANDS. referring to JESUS HANDS. Anyway, I found some MAN HANDS. So I bought it.
When we finally got home, we had alot to unpack. We did it just fine. When I finally got to bed I was sooo tired. Thank goodness for my wonderful bedroom, and my wonderful new BED. It is soo comfortable.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks mom for the wounderful planning and prepreation that you did for the float trip. You did awesome, and I know that the people from the ward that went had a ton of fun!

Nicole said...

So you had a good turn out and for the river float!!! That is awsome. Sounds like your hands have been busy with all the things going on lately. Are you going to slow down any time soon? Have a great week. :)

Krystal said...

Sound like the float trip was a sucess!! I wish we could have come! O well, next time I guess!! It was good to see Grandpa yesterday. He looked pretty good-all things considered.