I went to Boise this morning, to have a root canal. That was at eight-thirty. After, I went to the hospital to see Dad. I walked into his room, just as the Dr. was telling Mom and Dad that Dad had cancer in his right upper lung. There is a spot on his lung, and now, Dad and Mom need to decide what to do about it. I stayed with Mom all day. She was having a tough time of it. I hope that my being there was a comfort. When I first arrived at the Hospital, I ran into Keith, Vikki's husband. I thought he was there for Dad, but come to find out, he was there because Vikki had surgery this morning. She didn't tell anyone, because she didn't want anyone to worry about her. She had a repair to her blatter. She came through that surgery fine. I did see her, and she looks great. She will have to work really hard to stay down. It takes a while to recover from a surgery such as that. Dad had his lung collapse during the night last night. That was caused by the biopsy the Dr. took of his lung. The doctors thought that might happen. He went into surgery this morning to have that repaired. They just put a tube into his lung, and reinflat it. It was a simple procedure, and it went well. However, tonight, all the numing has worn off and he was in pain when I left.
The cancer Dr. was in to see Dad just before I left tonight. He just is not comfortable to remove the c ancer from Dad's lung. With his lungs already so damaged, he just is not confident with the results that he would get. He believes Dad would be on a respatory machine the rest of his life, if he were to do the removal of the cancer. He suggested that Dad talk to his lung doctor, and perhaps he could have radiation on his cancer. He suggested that Dad would not lose as much of his lung if he were to do that instead of removeal of the cancer. The last option, would be to do nothing. Just wait it out.
After I spent the day with Dad and Mom, I took off and thought I would stop by to see Nicole and kids. As I was driving, I got a really cool phone call from Ket. He had called to tell me he has the JOB he went on the interview for!!!!! I got so excited for him. He has worked so hard , and he really is ready for the Boss job of a Brand New Hotel!!!!!!! It all sounds so exciting.!One of the benifits of this new job is I know that they will be in the Boise area ! I love having all my family close by. Way to go KET we are all really PROUD of you.
Wednesday, August 15
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I AM SO PROUD OF MY MAN TOO!! He is so excited about it. I hope Grandma and Grandpa are going to be ok. I love them so much and it hurts to see them go though this. Prayers for all around.
Ditto to what Nicole said-Prayers All around!!! I am so sad that grandm and grandpa have to go through one thing after another. I'm sure that whatever they decide will be the best thing.
I pray that Grandma has the strenght to overcome this. And Grandpa as well. They are both so strong, it a example we should all follow!
I know that grandma and grandpa are strong, and they will make the right decision. I am praying for them daily.
Post a Comment